Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ke Nako

It's time. The slogan of the 2010 World Cup is fitting for this my first ever blog post. I've always enjoyed reading blogs. Lord knows how many times someone's blog post has solved a particularly difficult issue I've spent hours googling. So, why have I never blogged? I guess I've never felt like I had anything worth sharing with the world.

I had lunch with a coworker today and we had a discussion that changed my mind. He made reference to a post Scott Hanselman put up this week, Do They Deserve the Gift of Your Keystrokes. I read through that post and the couple other posts he linked, and I have to say I'm pretty much sold. The gist is that we have a finite number of keystrokes with which to communicate in our lifetime. How much of those will be wasted communicating useful information to only a few people through email? I often find myself disseminating the same instructions to different people over and over. Better to post it in a central place that I can direct people to while cataloging the cool stuff I'm learning.

I'm actually pretty fired up to join the community. I've had lots of interesting concepts to look into already this week: OData, aspect-oriented programming, and Windows Server AppFabric to name a few Hopefully, I'll have some posts soon with some details about these and more!

So as far as blogging goes: ke nako.

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment